Engineered quartz products
We add a touch of distinction.
Top engineered quartz products and surfaces supplier and installer that will make your habitat better
Quality engineered quartz products and surfaces provide property owners in Singapore with the opportunity to give their valuable asset a stylish new lease of life, without the maintenance worries associated with more delicate, natural stone.
Engineered quartz contains more than 90% of raw quartz aggregate chippings, which are crushed and blended with polyester resin and other additives. As the mixture is compacted into slabs, the process minimises porosity and increases water resistance. The slabs are then cured in a kiln, which makes them resilient to staining and impact.
Manufactured quartz shouldn’t be confused with quartzite (the second most abundant material found in the earth’s crust), which is a natural metamorphic rock that doesn’t form large blocks like stones such as granite. This makes quartzite unsuitable in its natural state for use as large slab applications, so it is reconstituted into engineered quartz.
Household and commercial applications for engineered quartz products include countertops, table tops, flooring, and wall cladding and panels.
Quartz comes in an extensive array of colours, including beige, cream, blue, green, orange, and red, as well as black and white.
Key benefits of engineered quartz products and surfaces
Engineered quartz vs solid surfaces
Solid-surface countertops were first introduced by Du Pont in 1967, under the Corian brand name. They’re manufactured by mixing mineral dusts (commonly marble) with a variety of plastic resins and colour pigments. Now, there’s a huge number of brand names to choose from.
Even though engineered quartz is costlier than solid surface, it does have a number of notable advantages over the latter:
- Heat resistance. While solid surfaces are somewhat resistant to scorching, engineered quartz is much more so. Quartz is also less likely to warp when exposed to sunlight for a long period of time.
- Scratch resistance. Man-made quartz is extremely hard (natural quartzite is second only to diamond, sapphire, and topaz in terms of toughness), so it’ll take a great deal to create scratch marks on it. However, solid-surface materials are grazed easily, thereby increasing its matte-like feel over time.
- Polished finishing. Surfaces made of engineered quartz can be polished to high-gloss. Even though solid surfaces can also be polished, we advise against it because scratches will develop almost immediately.
Nevertheless, solid-surface tops do have an advantage: their seams aren’t visible because the seaming caulk blends perfectly with the solid-surface material. That said, a skilful engineered quartz installer will be able to hide the seams of quartz surfaces.
Engineered quartz vs natural stones
Although quartz can’t quite match the beauty of natural stones such as granite and marble, it does have several key benefits compared with natural stone products. These advantages include:
- Higher level of durability. While natural stones are susceptible to scratching, the curing process of engineered quartz makes the material more resistant to wear and tear and accidental damage.
- Superior hygienic properties. The porosity of engineered quartz is minimised during the manufacturing process, making the product more resistant to mildew and mould than most natural stones.
- Easier cleaning. The hard, non-porous, stain-resistant surface of quartz needs no special cleaning products. It can be simply washed down with soapy water. Unlike natural stone, quartz doesn’t need sealing.
- More uniform appearance. In the absence of the “movement” of flowing veins in natural stones, quartz provides more consistent patterning and colouring, which can make it easier to select a product that fits your existing decor. Engineered quartz also boasts a large variety of colours, patterning, and textures.
Generic engineered quartz products typically cost about the same as granite – S$90 – S$180 per foot run for standard countertops. However, the price of quartz goes up with the degree of intricacy in the manufacturing process and the popularity of the brand.
At the high end, branded quartz can be 200% dearer than granite, but many home-owners believe it’s a price worth paying in terms of its greater durability, better hygiene attributes, and easier maintenance.
Wish to speak with an experienced and dependable stone surfaces supplier and installer about your needs?
Need help from a reliable and competitively-priced specialist stone surfaces wholesaler and installer?
Why engineered quartz is so versatile in the home or commercial setting
The high level of hygiene and the range of stylish options afforded by manufactured quartz makes it particularly popular as kitchen countertops and bathroom quartz vanities and vanity tops.
According to the Houzz home renovation and design platform, engineered quartz is a stunning “style chameleon of countertops”, with a host of options to suit all tastes.
Singapore’s Building & Construction Authority (BCA) says quartz’s resistance to bacterial growth also makes it suitable for use in wet areas, such as bathtub and shower surrounds.
The robustness of engineered quartz, when provided by the best quartz stone worktop suppliers, makes it impervious to abrasions, dents, and even acids, without the need for sealants. Quartz is also non-toxic and non-allergenic, and your engineered quartz product will last a lifetime.
A quality synthetic stone supplier for countertops, vanity tops, worktops, and more will be able to customise your engineered quartz products by offering you a selection of finishes and edge profiles. Popular finishes include polished (which makes it even easier to keep clean) and honed (for a more natural look). Commons edging profiles include square (for a sleek look) and bevelled (for a more sophisticated appearance).
Top-quality quartz products at affordable prices
Singapore Stone Industry has established a solid reputation of offering quality quartz products and quartz surfaces at highly-competitive prices.
We specialise in the supply and installation of the best engineered quartz countertops, and our skilled technicians have combined experience of more than 50 years in the business.
Besides offering quartz kitchen worktops and bathroom vanity tops, we’re also a leading quartz stone table top supplier and wholesaler.
Let us know your requirements, no matter how big or small, we're sure we'll be able to help you out. Get in touch with us, and we'll respond to you within 3 working days.