Supply & Installation
Make your interior distinct
An experienced granite slab supplier and installer, Canvastone can save you from paying top dollar for your stone counters, by providing you quality, up-to-specifications products.
Granite slabs contain several minerals including quartz, feldspar, and mica, which give them a grainy, coarse texture. The interlocking crystals in granite slabs – formed from intense heat and pressure beneath the Earth’s surface – makes them incredibly strong and heat-resistant.
Fissures and pits occur organically in natural stones like granite through the pressure and heat during formation. They look like cracks, although they’re not. Thus, they don’t compromise the integrity of granite slabs, and many people think they enhance the appearance of the stone.
Granite slabs vs granite tiles
- Granite slabs, as opposed to tiles, come into their own if you need to cover a large surface area, with fewer seams showing. (You may need more than one slab if your countertop is longer than 2 metre.) While tiles have the advantage of not having to remove existing tops, they require many grouted seams. A further option is provided by modular granite, known as mini-slabs. These produce fewer seams than tiling.
- Slab granite is perfect for complementing kitchens with a contemporary look, and for small spaces with a simple layout; while granite tiling works better if your counter arrangement is complicated, with difficult spaces.
- Although a granite slab should be resealed periodically, it’s easier to clean than granite tile grouting, which absorbs stains and also has to be resealed regularly.
One note of caution: granite slabs are extremely heavy, so their installation can never be a DIY job.
Eyeing a stone surface to accentuate the style of your interior?
Speak with Canvastone.
Canvastone knows how to make the most out of your granite slabs
Each slab of granite looks slightly different, due to their organic origins. And they come in a broad spectrum of naturally-occurring colours, including black, white and grey, and veined patterning.
A proficient stone fabricator and contractor can help you to take full advantage of this unique detailing by finding granite slabs that will harmonise beautifully with your home or corporate interior design.
Granite slab prices
The cost of granite slabs is determined by a few factors:
- Size and thickness of the slab. As such, granite slab countertops typically cost more per square metre than their tiled counterparts.
- Colour that affects availability/scarcity.
- Grade of the granite.
A specialist granite stone products supplier and contractor will be able to offer you a wider variety of choice, typically near granite slab wholesale prices.
Quality + Affordability
Canvastone supplies and installs granite slab products at affordable prices.
Our team of more than 10 consists of competent granite fabricators and fitters, so you know you’re getting the best granite slabs on the market, installed to the highest standards.
Besides installation, Canvastone also provides granite slab maintenance and repair services for residential, commercial, and corporate premises.