We add a touch of distinction.
Expert travertine countertop contractor that will give your home or business establishment a look of luxury you can afford
A skilled travertine bathroom and kitchen countertop contractor can give your home an elegant, definitive look that won’t break the bank. If your commercial setup requires a touch of class, travertine will provide the effect without the hefty cost.
Travertine is more affordable than granite, marble, and engineered quartz. A further financial bonus of installing travertine countertops is that they may raise the market worth of your property.
Home-buyers tend to pay particular attention to kitchens and bathrooms when viewing properties, and the sophistication of travertine counters could be a major selling point, compared with lower-quality materials. According to the online platform of US-based HGTV (Home & Garden Television), stylish countertop materials “easily add major value to your home”.
A main feature in the evolution of fitted kitchens and bathrooms, countertops provide a continuous surface including a sink or sometimes two basins above cabinet units. In the kitchen, worktops also frequently have undercounter appliances such as fridges and washing machines. The cabinetry beneath both kitchen and bathroom countertops conceals plumbing as well as providing handy storage space.
The main factors when selecting a countertop material are usually durability, functionality, and hygienic properties and visual appeal. Popular countertops in Singapore include laminate, glass, tiled, solid surface, wood, stainless steel, engineered stone, and natural stone such as travertine.
Benefits of travertine countertops
Travertine has been around a long time in construction, and was the stone of choice when the Romans built their aqueducts and communal bathing areas.
The Romans knew what they were doing. Although travertine has a porous surface, it’s still resistant to condensation and water. This made the stone ideal for their public baths and water supply channels – and for today’s countertops.
Advances in stone technology mean that the naturally-occurring holes in travertine can be filled in a highly-effective way to enhance its water-resistant properties when finally sealed.
Case study: Granite, marble, or travertine?
When Liu Junxing was considering which natural stone would be best for his bathroom countertop, he weighed up the pros and cons of granite, marble, and travertine, and these were his conclusions:
- As well as being less expensive than marble and granite, travertine has a more natural look that Junxing felt was perfect to add a touch of subtle refinement to his bathroom.
- Although softer than granite and marble, travertine is still extremely durable and will last for many years, with proper cleaning and maintenance, without discolouring or fading.
- Travertine comes with varying degrees of veining and patterning, which meant the travertine bathroom countertop that Junxing selected brought an aspect of uniqueness to his bathroom.
- The array of travertine colours enabled Junxing to choose a shade that precisely matched his overall bathroom décor. He opted for a cream-coloured vanity top to complement the bathroom’s beige walls.
- An experienced travertine supplier and installer can fill the holes in the stone and seal it to make it even more hygienic and water resistant. Junxing chose a filled, honed finish for his countertop, for a smooth, matte look that softens reflected light.
- Finally, Junxing decided the softer appearance of travertine bathroom countertops compared with granite and marble would provide a sense of calm and tranquillity in his bathroom – the ideal environment to relax in after a busy day at work.
Wish to speak with an experienced and dependable stone surfaces supplier and installer about your needs?
Affordable, quality travertine counters and countertops for kitchens, bathrooms, and more
Singapore Stone Industry’s mission is to provide quality stone products within the budget of as many people as possible. This is why we specialise in travertine countertops, because of their greater affordability than granite, marble, and quartz surfaces, without sacrificing visual appeal or functionality.
We can offer you a range of premium grade travertine in an array of colours and patterning so you can select the countertop that meets your individual requirements. We can further customise your countertops by applying the finish and edge profile of your choice.
As well as experts in fabrication and installation of travertine products, we can also advise you on maintenance and cleaning of your new travertine bathroom or kitchen countertop, to keep it in perfect condition for many years.
Let us know your requirements, no matter how big or small, we're sure we'll be able to help you out. Get in touch with us, and we'll respond to you within 3 working days.