Supply & Installation
Make your interior distinct
Being a skilled travertine countertop supplier and installer, Canvastone can give your home bathroom and kitchen an elegant, definitive look that won’t break the bank.
If your commercial setup requires a touch of class, travertine will provide the effect without the hefty cost.
A main feature in the evolution of fitted kitchens and bathrooms, countertops provide a continuous surface including a sink or sometimes two basins above cabinet units.
In the kitchen, worktops also frequently have under-counter appliances such as fridges and washing machines. The cabinetry beneath both kitchen and bathroom countertops conceals plumbing as well as providing handy storage space.
The main factors when selecting a countertop material are usually durability, functionality, and hygienic properties and visual appeal. Popular countertops in Singapore include laminate, glass, tiled, solid surface, wood, stainless steel, engineered stone, and natural stone such as travertine.
Eyeing a stone surface to accentuate the style of your interior?
Speak with Canvastone.
Travertine can appeal to the cost-conscious
Travertine is more affordable than granite, marble, and engineered quartz.
What’s more, according to the online platform of US-based HGTV (Home & Garden Television), stylish countertop materials “easily add major value to your home”. Home-buyers tend to pay particular attention to kitchens and bathrooms when viewing properties, so the sophistication of travertine counters could be a major selling point, compared with lower-quality materials.
Case study: Granite, marble, or travertine?
When Liu Junxing was considering which natural stone would be best for his bathroom countertop, he weighed up the pros and cons of granite, marble, and travertine, and these were his conclusions:
- As well as being less expensive than marble and granite, travertine has a more natural look that Junxing felt was perfect to add a touch of subtle refinement to his bathroom.
- Although softer than granite and marble, travertine is still extremely durable and will last for many years, with proper cleaning and maintenance, without discolouring or fading.
- Travertine comes with varying degrees of veining and patterning, which meant the travertine bathroom countertop that Junxing selected brought an aspect of uniqueness to his bathroom.
- The array of travertine colours enabled Junxing to choose a shade that precisely matched his overall bathroom décor. He opted for a cream-coloured vanity top to complement the bathroom’s beige walls.
- An experienced travertine products supplier and installer would fill the holes in the stone and seal it to make it even more hygienic and water resistant. Junxing chose a filled, honed finish for his countertop, for a smooth, matte look that softens reflected light.
- Finally, Junxing decided the softer appearance of travertine bathroom countertops compared with granite and marble would provide a sense of calm and tranquillity in his bathroom – the ideal environment to relax in after a busy day at work.
Travertine countertop cost
The pricing of travertine countertops varies with the grade of the stone, whether tiles or slabs are required, the finish and edge profile you prefer, and the treatment needed.
Quality + Affordability
Canvastone’s mission is to provide quality stone products within the budget of as many people as possible. This is why we specialise in travertine countertops, because of their greater affordability than granite, marble, and quartz surfaces, without sacrificing visual appeal or functionality.
We can offer you a range of premium grade travertine in an array of colours and patterning so you can select the countertop that meets your individual requirements.
We can further customise your countertops by applying the finish and edge profile of your choice.
Canvastone would also advise you on maintenance and cleaning of your new travertine bathroom or kitchen countertop, to keep it in perfect condition for many years.
Canvastone (A RenoAsia Interior Services division)
Get cost estimate
Call +65 3159 1492 or request a callback. We'll respond to you within 3 working days.